This year there is a new structure to the Coiste Iomana na nOg hurling competitions.
This year they have introduced an NEW U15 Championship. This championship will have as much importance and equal status as the other championships.
It will give much importance game time for those lads U15 who may not make U16 team and are too old for U14.
We will concentrate on this U15 squad after both our U14 and U16 championships are completed. We hope to have the U15 squad consisting of all those lads U15, U14, and U13 - which is those lads born in 1998, 1999 and 2000 only.
Please note the following.......
U15 B1 CHAMPIONSHIP
U15 B1 - Abbeyknockmoy, Padraig Pearses, Ballindereem, Kinvara, Portumna, Ballygar, Meelick-Eyrecourt, Michael Cusacks.
Dates are as follows:
Mon 26th August - Group - v Ballygar in Kinvara
Thurs 5th Sept - Group v tbc
Mon 9th Sept - Group v tbc
Thurs 12th Sept - Group v tbc
Mon 16th Sept - Group v tbc
Mon 23rd Sept - Group v tbc
Thurs 3rd Oct - Group v tbc
Mon 7th Oct - Knockout stages
Thurs 10th Oct - Knockout stages
Mon 14th Oct - Knockout stages
Sat 19th - Finals
U15 hurling Manager TBC.
(HOW THE NEW CHAMPIONSHIP STRUCTURES WORK)
At U15 level we are competing in Grade B1 (the fourth grade of five......A, A1, B, B1, and C).
Here how it works…
- So there will be 5 different championship grades, and each of these will have a shield competition.
- therefore of the starting say 44 teams….10 will lift a cup……20 will reach a final…….40 will reach semi-finals.
- for example, take the U15 B1.
* This has just one group of 8 teams
* each team plays each other (therefore 7 group matches each)
* in the final group standings, the top 4 sides go into the Championship semi-finals, the bottom 4 sides head for the Shield semi-finals. (each side now has minimum of 8 matches, and each side will play in a semi-final).
* winners of semi's play in U15 B1 Championship Final or U15 B1 Shield Final.